Auditory Activities [Improve Memory, Spelling, or Processing]
- Grandmother's Trunk.."I'm going on a trip and I'm taking a..." naming an item beginning with an A and continuing alphabetically in turn, while repeating previous items.
- Simon Says
- Tongue Twisters
- Retell a story in Sequence
- Scrabble Junior
- Smart Cubes
Visual Activities [Improve tracking, discrimination, or memory]
- Mazes, Dot to Dot, Word Search Puzzles
- Hidden object & "What's Wrong" Puzzles
- Concentration Memory Games
- Paddle with Ball
- Jigsaw Puzzles & Parquetry Blocks
Attention Activities [improve Visual & Auditory Attention & Processing]
- "Hidden Pictures"
- 20 Questions
- Mini Mysteries
- Crossword Puzzles
- "Logic" Puzzles
Preschoolers listen to rhymes; teenagers read appropriate lyrics to songs
Use computer as a tool for letter identification, spell, sentence construction, or writing stories
Give them a subscription to their own magazine.
Have them write thank-yous and letters